The mere idea of getting married can get rather exciting for the bride and the groom. Planning out every detail of a wedding along with the right wedding gown to choose and the best suit for the occasion can often make everything seem like a dream come true. Even deciding upon a suitable wedding invitation trend has its own share of fun and excitement as you can see here. How you wish to let your friends and family come to know about the wedding, the date and venue is entirely on the two of you. It will be a good idea to gain some knowledge about the different trends of wedding invitations so that you get to choose the right trend for your special occasion.
- Moody Colors: Just skip the traditional black and white invitations and go for colors instead. Black and white can often seem dampen the mood of a wedding. On the contrary, colors can make everything more exciting. You will notice that a moody and bold palette has come up in wedding paper, together with deep plum, black, and dark navy taking the center stage. If your wedding is during the fall or winter season, you may also opt for jewel tones to make it more exciting. Just make sure the keep the look appropriate for a wedding.
- Handwriting and Calligraphy Inspired: Cute motifs and different patterns have become a thing of the past. Try handwriting or calligraphy instead. It will be straight from the hand. You will find several calligraphers who are creating modern and new feel that is entirely fresh when it comes to a wedding invitation. You can certainly try the trend by just allowing your names to be hand lettered.
- Monograms: Instead of the letter-locking designs that flourished in the past, try the custom monograms that are taking on a completely new look with the help of different elements that are representative of the to-be-weds and also rather meaningful. You can try this trend on your wedding invitations, cocktail napkins, and any other personal stationery.
- Envelope Liners: You will probably find it tough to find a stationery designer who does not have any fun with envelope liners. When guests excitedly open your wedding invitation, this inner layer is what they will first notice. Lines are not just great finishing touches, but they also provide the ideal place to add in some fun elements such as personal detail or a sketch of the skyline or even your wedding date. You can pair it with a colored envelope to make it a really eye-catching mail.
- Watercolors: Adding color to your wedding invitation in this subtle manner has a romantic, delicate feel when designed in either bold and wild vibe or pastels. Brush it with bright hues and you will have a love wedding invitation ready to get distributed. You may also choose something that suits the overall wedding style. Put some additions to the design such as your envelope liner or reply card. You may also make it the backing of your invitation.