Frequently Asked Questions
Can anyone enter events?
Yes, and please do! It's free, and LiveSV exists to help you promote your events! You can find the submission link in the site's footer.
How do I submit my event?
1) First, someone else may have already entered your event. It's always smart to type your Organization's name into the Search box and look at upcoming events for that Organization. That way, you can see if your event is already listed.
2) Click the "Event Listing" link under "Submit" in the footer to take you to our form. Please note: Don't create an Organization unless you're sure it's not already on the site. LiveSV lists hundreds of Organizations, and you'll be able to choose it on our Event Submission form in most cases, which will save you time.
3) Make sure to read the guidelines and then proceed to fill out the form accordingly.
Is it possible to edit event listings for my organization?
Yes. Once you've established your free account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and the name of the organization you wish to moderate. We will write you back when your account is linked to that Org. From then on, you will be able to edit past, current and future event listings for that organization.
My log-in doesn't seem to work. Can you help?
Important: Even if you're on our mailing list, even if you've bought tickets from us before, that doesn't mean you have a User Account with us. If you created one on Artsopolis.com, you should be able to use the same Username and Password on LiveSV.com. If you're having difficulty logging in and have nothing associated with your old account (e.g. an Artist Profile, bookmarks), we recommend simply creating a new account. If you're sure you have an existing account, want to recover it, and need help with the password, please email email@example.com.
Can two co-sponsoring Organizations submit the same event?
There should be one event listing per event, so just one of the two co-sponsors should submit the listing. However, the submitter can select both organizations on the listing. By doing so, the event listing will be linked on each organization's page.
What area does LiveSV cover?
LiveSV covers events in Santa Clara County, San Mateo County and cities in southern Alameda County (including Fremont, Hayward, Newark, Pleasanton, Sunol and Union City).
My organization is based in Santa Cruz. Can it have its own page?
If your organization isn't headquartered within our defined geographic area, it will not be stored in our permanent database. If it has performances in our area, however, you're encouraged to list them.
Why do I occasionally see performing groups from San Francisco and other areas on the site?
If the event is occuring at a venue within our area, it can appear on the site. For example, you may see a listing featuring the San Francisco Symphony if it is performing at the Flint Center in Cupertino. However, the San Francisco Symphony does not have a permanent organization page since it is based outside of our area.
More About Event Submissions
Does it cost money to have an event listed?
No. It’s free!
Where else does my event listing appear?
Depending on the geographic location and the nature of your event, listings submitted to LiveSV may also show up on pages of the The San Jose Convention and Visitor's Bureau (Team San Jose) along with other sites via special LiveSV widgets.
I need to change some info about my event. Where can I do that?
Click the "Suggest a Change" link in the footer.
How do you choose which events get featured each week?
LiveSV team members select a wide variety of events to feature each week. We try to showcase events from different areas, from organizations both large and small, and with an eye to representing the rich variety of events in the greater Silicon Valley. Selections are made with the general public in mind and are not paid for, nor can particular placement be requested at this time. If organizations want to be featured on LiveSV, we have a variety of banner and other advertising opportunities available.
How do I advertise on LiveSV?
It's a relatively simple process, and our staff will be happy to assist you. Please click our "Advertise With Us" link in the footer (under "About Us") for more information.
Where do I address further questions?
You're welcome to send us an e-mail at support@LiveSV.com, and we’ll be happy to help!
The LiveSV Blog - Newest Posts
Gallery: A Visit from a Galaxy Far, Far Away
The Artist Celebrated
Recent Reviews: "John and Jen" & "Hedda Gabler"
- A Minister's Wife... A Free Forum Discussing the Play - Insight Night at San Jose Repertory Theatre
- Funny Girl at Saratoga Civic Theater
- A Long Time Ago In a Galaxy Far, Far Away... - Target Summer Pops Festival at San Jose State University
- San Jose Taco Festival of Innovation at History Park
- Starlab Sky Show at Hiller Aviation Museum
- Civil War Battles and Encampment - Train Rides and Entertainment at Roaring Camp Railroad
- A Little Night Music at Hillbarn Theatre
- Dancin' on the Avenue - Willow Glen Festival
- Kids' Fest - Free Bowling
- To the Arctic - IMAX Film at The Tech Museum