Sierra Nevada Anthology - Meet the Editors
June 16, 2010
Co-sponsored by Heyday Books, Santa Clara University's California Legacy Project, and the Foundation & Friends of the Santa Clara City Library, Central Park Library will be one of the venues introducing a brand new book -- The Illuminated Landscape... A Sierra Nevada Anthology.
Since spring 2000, Heyday Books and Santa Clara University have teamed to record on radio or reprint in book format some of the finest writings of California authors. This new anthology is the most recent result of their partnership. The editors are Gary Noy, Director of the Sierra College Center for Sierra Nevada Studies, and Rick Heide, a member of the San Francisco Bay Area publishing community.
This collection of essays, poetry and stories that includes such authors as James Houston, Mark Twain, Isabel Allende, Maxine Hong Kingston, John Muir, Kevin Starr, Ansel Adams, Jack Kerouac, Gary Snyder and Wallace Stegner highlights the cultural, environmental and spiritual allure of California's magnificent Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Editors Noy and Heide will talk about how they selected the authors to include in this anthology and will read their favorite passages from the book. Following the program, staff from the Santa Clara University Bookstore will provide copies of the book for sale and for the editors to sign.
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Grand National Rodeo at Cow Palace
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Around the World, Bollywood-Style - An Epic Celebration for a Cause
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park