Sierra Nevada Anthology - Meet the Editors
June 16, 2010
Co-sponsored by Heyday Books, Santa Clara University's California Legacy Project, and the Foundation & Friends of the Santa Clara City Library, Central Park Library will be one of the venues introducing a brand new book -- The Illuminated Landscape... A Sierra Nevada Anthology.
Since spring 2000, Heyday Books and Santa Clara University have teamed to record on radio or reprint in book format some of the finest writings of California authors. This new anthology is the most recent result of their partnership. The editors are Gary Noy, Director of the Sierra College Center for Sierra Nevada Studies, and Rick Heide, a member of the San Francisco Bay Area publishing community.
This collection of essays, poetry and stories that includes such authors as James Houston, Mark Twain, Isabel Allende, Maxine Hong Kingston, John Muir, Kevin Starr, Ansel Adams, Jack Kerouac, Gary Snyder and Wallace Stegner highlights the cultural, environmental and spiritual allure of California's magnificent Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Editors Noy and Heide will talk about how they selected the authors to include in this anthology and will read their favorite passages from the book. Following the program, staff from the Santa Clara University Bookstore will provide copies of the book for sale and for the editors to sign.
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- Anh Sao Dem 2 - Vietnamese Music at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- The Xman Band - Jazz, Funk at Britannia Arms - Cupertino
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- The Sound of Music at Montgomery Theater
- Silicon Valley Film Festival
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble of San Francisco at San Pedro Square Market