Theatre and TV Arts Summer Day Camps for Youth - Gavilan College STAR Program
June 20 - July 17, 2010
The Gavilan College STAR Program has been offering theatre and TV arts camps for youth since 1985. STAR is a safe place for creative expression and has transformed hundreds of children's lives by helping to boost their confidence and poise; encouraging their creative spirits; teaching them collaboration, teamwork, and respect.
STAR is very excited to have STAR Founder and Executive Director Marilyn Abad-Cardinalli return to the front lines to co-direct STAR Gilroy’s 25th anniversary production, The Pirates of Penzance Jr.! Miss Marilyn, a long-time Gavilan College faculty member, created the STAR Program to give her theatre students, and others who have a special talent for working with children, the opportunity to share their passion for the performing arts with youth. She has over 30 years experience in directing and producing theatre and television productions.
The Gavilan College STAR Program is offering three great programs to inspire your child’s creative spirit this summer. STAR Gilroy 2010 participants will present Gilbert & Sullivan’s musical The Pirates of Penzance Jr., STAR Video 2010 offers youth the opportunity to create and produce a TV program to air on GavTV-18, and STAR San Juan Bautista 2010 will present actos (short plays) at the historic El Teatro Campesino Playhouse.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University