Cool Cuisine... Taking the Bite Out of Global Warming - Meet the Authors
March 10, 2010
Laura Stec and Eugene Cordero, PhD, co-authors of Cool Cuisine: Taking the Bite Out of Global Warming, will discuss the environment and the food system, and share tips on how to cook a global-cooling cuisine. The talk will be followed by a book signing.
The authors will discuss the environment and the food system and share tips on how to cook a global-cooling cuisine. Their book offers a three-stage plan for going from a high-carbon diet that raises the planet’s temperature to a low-carbon one that reduces it.
Stec is an author and chef, trained at the Culinary Institute of America, the School of Natural Cookery and the Vega Macrobiotic Study Center. Cordero is an associate professor in the Department of Meteorology at San José State University. His research interests are focused on understanding the processes responsible for long-term changes in climate through the use of observations and atmospheric models.
Part of the Silicon Valley Reads program, this event is co-sponsored by the Foundation and Friends of Santa Clara City Library. To reserve a space at this free book talk, call or stop by the Reference Desk.
- Miniature Worlds... Indian Court Paintings From the Collection - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- 17th Annual United Nations Association Film Festival at Aquarius Theatre
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Grand National Rodeo at Cow Palace
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival