Cool Cuisine... Taking the Bite Out of Global Warming - Meet the Authors
March 10, 2010
Laura Stec and Eugene Cordero, PhD, co-authors of Cool Cuisine: Taking the Bite Out of Global Warming, will discuss the environment and the food system, and share tips on how to cook a global-cooling cuisine. The talk will be followed by a book signing.
The authors will discuss the environment and the food system and share tips on how to cook a global-cooling cuisine. Their book offers a three-stage plan for going from a high-carbon diet that raises the planet’s temperature to a low-carbon one that reduces it.
Stec is an author and chef, trained at the Culinary Institute of America, the School of Natural Cookery and the Vega Macrobiotic Study Center. Cordero is an associate professor in the Department of Meteorology at San José State University. His research interests are focused on understanding the processes responsible for long-term changes in climate through the use of observations and atmospheric models.
Part of the Silicon Valley Reads program, this event is co-sponsored by the Foundation and Friends of Santa Clara City Library. To reserve a space at this free book talk, call or stop by the Reference Desk.
- San Jose Symphonic Choir Concert - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Walking with Dinosaurs at SAP Center
- 11th Annual Holiday LEGO Show at Museum of American Heritage
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Downton Abbey Season 5 - Screenings at California Theatre
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- TOSPS Tuesdays - Local Music Series at Theatre on San Pedro Square
- Harpers Hall Celtic Harpists - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Aki Kumar Blues Band at San Pedro Square Market
- Downtown Ice - Sponsored by Hawaiian Airlines, Kristi Yamaguchi at Circle of Palms