Cool Cuisine... Taking the Bite Out of Global Warming - Meet the Authors
March 10, 2010
Laura Stec and Eugene Cordero, PhD, co-authors of Cool Cuisine: Taking the Bite Out of Global Warming, will discuss the environment and the food system, and share tips on how to cook a global-cooling cuisine. The talk will be followed by a book signing.
The authors will discuss the environment and the food system and share tips on how to cook a global-cooling cuisine. Their book offers a three-stage plan for going from a high-carbon diet that raises the planet’s temperature to a low-carbon one that reduces it.
Stec is an author and chef, trained at the Culinary Institute of America, the School of Natural Cookery and the Vega Macrobiotic Study Center. Cordero is an associate professor in the Department of Meteorology at San José State University. His research interests are focused on understanding the processes responsible for long-term changes in climate through the use of observations and atmospheric models.
Part of the Silicon Valley Reads program, this event is co-sponsored by the Foundation and Friends of Santa Clara City Library. To reserve a space at this free book talk, call or stop by the Reference Desk.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park
- Halloween Haunts at Steven's Creek Central
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Wall of Sound - The Commons at St. James Park at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Family Night at the Museum at Children's Discovery Museum
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square