Tower of Power & WAR
December 28, 2013
Tower of Power will co-headline with WAR for one night only at the San Jose Civic. Celebrating more than 40 years of success and original "Oakland style" soul music, Tower of Power's hits include "You're Still A Young Man," "So Very Hard To Go," "Soul With a Capital S," "Soul Vaccination," "What Is Hip?" and "Don't Change Horses (In the Middle of a Stream)." Known for its world famous horns, Tower of Power's sound is in a class of its own. The group has teamed with some of music's biggest names, including Elton John, Sam Moore, Santana, Bonnie Raitt, Dionne Warwick, Aaron Neville, Aerosmith, Michael Bolton, Rod Stewart, and more. The internationally-acclaimed act has released over twenty albums and continues to generate packed concert crowds and rave reviews from all over the world.
What do you get when you take funk, jazz, R&B, and rock 'n' roll and mix it all together? Well, you get one of the greatest bands of all time. WAR has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide and has hit songs such as "All Day Music," "Slippin' Into Darkness," "World Is a Ghetto," "The Cisco Kid," "Gypsy Man," "Me and Baby Brother," "Low Rider," and "Why Can't We Be Friends"--the audience will enjoy hit after hit. Lonnie Jordan, original lead singer, keyboardist extraordinaire, and musical director, is the voice of WAR and is one of the most versatile and musically talented men of the twentieth century. His powerful voice presides over WAR's political, historical, and downright fun songbook. Whether listening to "Lowrider" on the video game "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas," in the movie "Boogie Nights," or on classic vinyl, WAR's music is a timeless thread in the quilt of American pop culture.
- City of Palo Alto's 4th Annual Tree Lighting
- Holiday Traditions... La saison d' elegance (Season of Elegance) - Fundraising Events at Filoli
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Harvest Festival Original Art and Craft Show at San Jose Convention Center
- What's Your Angle? - Exhibition at San Jose Museum of Art
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios