Noor... Empress of the Mughals
Presented by EnActe at Montgomery Theater
May 31 - June 2, 2013
"Noor" is the story of the struggle for power between Moghul Emperors, sons, neighboring Rajahs, and one woman who was bold enough to step into the world of men. It is the story of the machinations behind the purdah in the time of Mehrunissa Begum, the twentieth wife of Emperor Jahangir.
Noor was a woman of formidable talents and a woman ahead of her times. This highly educated, erudite, Persian commoner and refugee was a poet, scholar, fashion designer, shrewd investor and businesswoman, statesman, and political strategist who rose to queendom, ruled the Moghul empire in Jahangir's name, and amassed untold wealth.
History was not kind to her: she was overshadowed by her niece Mumtaz Mahal, a conventional though devoted wife, when Shah Jahan immortalised her memory in the Taj Mahal.
- Lunar New Year Celebration
- Tet Festival - Vietnamese New Year Festival at History Park
- Bacon and Beer Classic at San Jose Municipal Stadium
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Venus in Fur at San Jose Stage Theater
- I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change at Mel Mello Center for the Arts
- Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Celtic Thunder at City National Civic
- School House Rock Live at Montgomery Theater
- New Generation of Young Flamencos at Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts