Noor... Empress of the Mughals
Presented by EnActe at Montgomery Theater
May 31 - June 2, 2013
"Noor" is the story of the struggle for power between Moghul Emperors, sons, neighboring Rajahs, and one woman who was bold enough to step into the world of men. It is the story of the machinations behind the purdah in the time of Mehrunissa Begum, the twentieth wife of Emperor Jahangir.
Noor was a woman of formidable talents and a woman ahead of her times. This highly educated, erudite, Persian commoner and refugee was a poet, scholar, fashion designer, shrewd investor and businesswoman, statesman, and political strategist who rose to queendom, ruled the Moghul empire in Jahangir's name, and amassed untold wealth.
History was not kind to her: she was overshadowed by her niece Mumtaz Mahal, a conventional though devoted wife, when Shah Jahan immortalised her memory in the Taj Mahal.
- Bacon and Beer Classic at San Jose Municipal Stadium
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Eurydice at Lucie Stern Community Theatre and Center
- Tet Festival - Vietnamese New Year Festival at History Park
- Family Science Days at San Jose Convention Center
- Leyla Cardenas... Scarcity - Exhibition at San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
- Museum of American Heritage A to Z - Exhibition at Museum of American Heritage
- Color Fun Fest 5K at Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
- World Harmony Chorus Concert at Community School of Music and Arts
- Colors of Kauai Watercolors by Jan Grady - Exhibition at Viewpoints Gallery