Noor... Empress of the Mughals
Presented by EnActe at Montgomery Theater
May 31 - June 2, 2013
"Noor" is the story of the struggle for power between Moghul Emperors, sons, neighboring Rajahs, and one woman who was bold enough to step into the world of men. It is the story of the machinations behind the purdah in the time of Mehrunissa Begum, the twentieth wife of Emperor Jahangir.
Noor was a woman of formidable talents and a woman ahead of her times. This highly educated, erudite, Persian commoner and refugee was a poet, scholar, fashion designer, shrewd investor and businesswoman, statesman, and political strategist who rose to queendom, ruled the Moghul empire in Jahangir's name, and amassed untold wealth.
History was not kind to her: she was overshadowed by her niece Mumtaz Mahal, a conventional though devoted wife, when Shah Jahan immortalised her memory in the Taj Mahal.
- San Jose Symphonic Choir Concert - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Walking with Dinosaurs at SAP Center
- 11th Annual Holiday LEGO Show at Museum of American Heritage
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Downton Abbey Season 5 - Screenings at California Theatre
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- TOSPS Tuesdays - Local Music Series at Theatre on San Pedro Square
- Harpers Hall Celtic Harpists - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Aki Kumar Blues Band at San Pedro Square Market
- Downtown Ice - Sponsored by Hawaiian Airlines, Kristi Yamaguchi at Circle of Palms