Tall Ships in Redwood City - Tours and Sails
Presented by The Historical Seaport
March 8 - March 16, 2013
The Tall Ships Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftan are visiting Redwood City during March. The three-hour Battle Sails feature the recreation of a typical 18th century naval skirmish involving two ships. Both vessels will fire real cannon charged with real gunpowder, but no cannon balls.
Guests are encouraged to verbally taunt their adversaries and they have a chance to take the helm of a real tall ship, conditions permitting. Three-hour Adventure Sails include a chance to raise a sail, sing a sea shanty, and hear maritime stories.
- Jekyll and Hyde at Montgomery Theater
- Bomba Workshop with Live Music at MACLA
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Blossom Festival 2015 at Heritage Orchard and Warner Hutton House
- Chinatown, Strangers in a Strange Land - Film Screening at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Lunar New Year Celebration at History Park
- Loose in Some Real Tropics... Robert Rauschenberg's Stoned Moon Project - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Shrek the Musical at Morgan Hill Community Playhouse
- Shop, Gallery, Studio... The Art World in the 17th and 18th Centuries - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Bacon and Beer Classic at San Jose Municipal Stadium