Tall Ships in Redwood City - Tours and Sails
Presented by The Historical Seaport
March 8 - March 16, 2013
The Tall Ships Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftan are visiting Redwood City during March. The three-hour Battle Sails feature the recreation of a typical 18th century naval skirmish involving two ships. Both vessels will fire real cannon charged with real gunpowder, but no cannon balls.
Guests are encouraged to verbally taunt their adversaries and they have a chance to take the helm of a real tall ship, conditions permitting. Three-hour Adventure Sails include a chance to raise a sail, sing a sea shanty, and hear maritime stories.
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Disney on Ice... Worlds of Fantasy at SAP Center
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Miniature Worlds... Indian Court Paintings From the Collection - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- 17th Annual United Nations Association Film Festival at Aquarius Theatre
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University