Tall Ships in Redwood City - Tours and Sails
Presented by The Historical Seaport
March 8 - March 16, 2013
The Tall Ships Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftan are visiting Redwood City during March. The three-hour Battle Sails feature the recreation of a typical 18th century naval skirmish involving two ships. Both vessels will fire real cannon charged with real gunpowder, but no cannon balls.
Guests are encouraged to verbally taunt their adversaries and they have a chance to take the helm of a real tall ship, conditions permitting. Three-hour Adventure Sails include a chance to raise a sail, sing a sea shanty, and hear maritime stories.
- City of Palo Alto's 4th Annual Tree Lighting
- Holiday Traditions... La saison d' elegance (Season of Elegance) - Fundraising Events at Filoli
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Harvest Festival Original Art and Craft Show at San Jose Convention Center
- What's Your Angle? - Exhibition at San Jose Museum of Art
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios