Tall Ships in Redwood City - Tours and Sails
Presented by The Historical Seaport
March 8 - March 16, 2013
The Tall Ships Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftan are visiting Redwood City during March. The three-hour Battle Sails feature the recreation of a typical 18th century naval skirmish involving two ships. Both vessels will fire real cannon charged with real gunpowder, but no cannon balls.
Guests are encouraged to verbally taunt their adversaries and they have a chance to take the helm of a real tall ship, conditions permitting. Three-hour Adventure Sails include a chance to raise a sail, sing a sea shanty, and hear maritime stories.
- Bacon and Beer Classic at San Jose Municipal Stadium
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Eurydice at Lucie Stern Community Theatre and Center
- Tet Festival - Vietnamese New Year Festival at History Park
- Family Science Days at San Jose Convention Center
- Leyla Cardenas... Scarcity - Exhibition at San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
- Museum of American Heritage A to Z - Exhibition at Museum of American Heritage
- Color Fun Fest 5K at Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
- World Harmony Chorus Concert at Community School of Music and Arts
- Colors of Kauai Watercolors by Jan Grady - Exhibition at Viewpoints Gallery