Louis Armstrong... Jazz Ambassador - Making Books Sing, Musical Theatre
March 24, 2013
Making Books Sing musical theater company returns with their new work celebrating the life and music of Louis Armstrong. Back in the fifties, when the United States had a diplomatic mission of utmost importance, it deployed its supersonic weapon: Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Known worldwide for his toothy grin, fun-loving personality, and the brass brilliance of his jazz cornet, nobody spread the gospel of goodwill across the globe quite like Ambassador Satch. However, when nine children from Little Rock, Arkansas are denied admission to school, Louis is forced to ask: is American equality really for all?
Created in collaboration with the Louis Armstrong House Museum in Queens, New York and the Aaron Copland School of Music, Queens College, this performance will feature a live, Bay Area, all-star jazz band assembled by Stanford Jazz Workshop.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park
- Halloween Haunts at Steven's Creek Central
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Wall of Sound - The Commons at St. James Park at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Family Night at the Museum at Children's Discovery Museum
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square