Louis Armstrong... Jazz Ambassador - Making Books Sing, Musical Theatre
March 24, 2013
Making Books Sing musical theater company returns with their new work celebrating the life and music of Louis Armstrong. Back in the fifties, when the United States had a diplomatic mission of utmost importance, it deployed its supersonic weapon: Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Known worldwide for his toothy grin, fun-loving personality, and the brass brilliance of his jazz cornet, nobody spread the gospel of goodwill across the globe quite like Ambassador Satch. However, when nine children from Little Rock, Arkansas are denied admission to school, Louis is forced to ask: is American equality really for all?
Created in collaboration with the Louis Armstrong House Museum in Queens, New York and the Aaron Copland School of Music, Queens College, this performance will feature a live, Bay Area, all-star jazz band assembled by Stanford Jazz Workshop.
- San Jose Symphonic Choir Concert - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- The Great Dickens Christmas Fair at Cow Palace
- Christmas in the Park at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- MythBusters Behind the Myths Tour at City National Civic
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- White Christmas - Movie Night, Christmas in the Park at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Jazz Jam at the Hedley at The Hedley Club
- San Jose Sharks vs. Edmonton Oilers at SAP Center