The Pink Floyd Concert Experience
Presented by Montgomery Theater at Montgomery Theater
February 9, 2013
The Bay Area's House of Floyd performs the music of Pink Floyd in this concert event. They have gained a strong following for their unique ability to enthuse both the hard-core fans of the early, adventurous Floyd and those who enjoy the songs and soundscapes that later brought them widespread appeal. They capture the essence of each of the various Pink Floyd eras from the formative Syd Barrett days, through the 70's and the final post-Waters era.
In the Pink Floyd tradition, a House of Floyd concert incorporates sound effects, moving lights, lasers, and video projection--including many of the original, legendary backing films used by Pink Floyd. The set lists on any given night might be from an actual Pink Floyd concert, or a custom House of Floyd mix, but these shows always include rarely heard live arrangements used by Pink Floyd in concert as well as the occasional obscure pieces that never made it to vinyl and were heretofore unknown to all but the serious collectors.
House of Floyd affords the opportunity for those who never saw Pink Floyd to understand what made those shows so extraordinary. Those who were fortunate enough to have seen Pink Floyd in concert, get the chance to experience it again, albeit by a pretty exciting "surrogate band." You may even see a giant inflatable pig!
Event Name: The Pink Floyd Concert Experience
"I had my doubts before seeing House of Floyd but..."
Comment posted by: Roger from USA, Jan 20, 2013
I had my doubts before seeing House of Floyd but the show exceeded my highest expectations. Great sound and very professional show.
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- Anh Sao Dem 2 - Vietnamese Music at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- The Xman Band - Jazz, Funk at Britannia Arms - Cupertino
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- The Sound of Music at Montgomery Theater
- Silicon Valley Film Festival
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble of San Francisco at San Pedro Square Market