The Pink Floyd Concert Experience
Presented by Montgomery Theater at Montgomery Theater
February 9, 2013
The Bay Area's House of Floyd performs the music of Pink Floyd in this concert event. They have gained a strong following for their unique ability to enthuse both the hard-core fans of the early, adventurous Floyd and those who enjoy the songs and soundscapes that later brought them widespread appeal. They capture the essence of each of the various Pink Floyd eras from the formative Syd Barrett days, through the 70's and the final post-Waters era.
In the Pink Floyd tradition, a House of Floyd concert incorporates sound effects, moving lights, lasers, and video projection--including many of the original, legendary backing films used by Pink Floyd. The set lists on any given night might be from an actual Pink Floyd concert, or a custom House of Floyd mix, but these shows always include rarely heard live arrangements used by Pink Floyd in concert as well as the occasional obscure pieces that never made it to vinyl and were heretofore unknown to all but the serious collectors.
House of Floyd affords the opportunity for those who never saw Pink Floyd to understand what made those shows so extraordinary. Those who were fortunate enough to have seen Pink Floyd in concert, get the chance to experience it again, albeit by a pretty exciting "surrogate band." You may even see a giant inflatable pig!
- Jekyll and Hyde at Montgomery Theater
- Bomba Workshop with Live Music at MACLA
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Blossom Festival 2015 at Heritage Orchard and Warner Hutton House
- Chinatown, Strangers in a Strange Land - Film Screening at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Lunar New Year Celebration at History Park
- Loose in Some Real Tropics... Robert Rauschenberg's Stoned Moon Project - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Shrek the Musical at Morgan Hill Community Playhouse
- Shop, Gallery, Studio... The Art World in the 17th and 18th Centuries - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Bacon and Beer Classic at San Jose Municipal Stadium