Placas - The Most Dangerous Tattoo
October 4 - October 14, 2012
Placas--a play by Paul S. Flores, developed with and directed by Michael John Garcés--stars Ric Salinas with Cristina Frias, Luis "Xago" Juárez, Sarita Ocón, Juan C. Parada and Ricky Saenz. Placas is barrio slang for graffiti tags, a nickname, or body tattoos.
Placas is a stage drama about family, transformation and redemption that focuses on a Salvadoran former gang member in the barrio of San Francisco trying to reclaim his family while letting go of his past. Set in today's San Francisco, it explores the benefits and risks of tattoo removal for gang members thru one man's determination to reunite his family after surviving civil war in El Salvador, immigration, deportation, prison and street violence.
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Shannon Curtis... Music and More - Concert and Discussion at Mountain View Public Library
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Halloween Family Fun Fest
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University