Placas - The Most Dangerous Tattoo
October 4 - October 14, 2012
Placas--a play by Paul S. Flores, developed with and directed by Michael John Garcés--stars Ric Salinas with Cristina Frias, Luis "Xago" Juárez, Sarita Ocón, Juan C. Parada and Ricky Saenz. Placas is barrio slang for graffiti tags, a nickname, or body tattoos.
Placas is a stage drama about family, transformation and redemption that focuses on a Salvadoran former gang member in the barrio of San Francisco trying to reclaim his family while letting go of his past. Set in today's San Francisco, it explores the benefits and risks of tattoo removal for gang members thru one man's determination to reunite his family after surviving civil war in El Salvador, immigration, deportation, prison and street violence.
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- City of Palo Alto's 4th Annual Tree Lighting
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- What's Your Angle? - Exhibition at San Jose Museum of Art
- Sympathy for the Devil... Satan, Sin, and the Underworld - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Holiday Traditions... La saison d' elegance (Season of Elegance) - Fundraising Events at Filoli