Placas - The Most Dangerous Tattoo
October 4 - October 14, 2012
Placas--a play by Paul S. Flores, developed with and directed by Michael John Garcés--stars Ric Salinas with Cristina Frias, Luis "Xago" Juárez, Sarita Ocón, Juan C. Parada and Ricky Saenz. Placas is barrio slang for graffiti tags, a nickname, or body tattoos.
Placas is a stage drama about family, transformation and redemption that focuses on a Salvadoran former gang member in the barrio of San Francisco trying to reclaim his family while letting go of his past. Set in today's San Francisco, it explores the benefits and risks of tattoo removal for gang members thru one man's determination to reunite his family after surviving civil war in El Salvador, immigration, deportation, prison and street violence.
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Grand National Rodeo at Cow Palace
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Around the World, Bollywood-Style - An Epic Celebration for a Cause
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park