Placas - The Most Dangerous Tattoo
October 4 - October 14, 2012
Placas--a play by Paul S. Flores, developed with and directed by Michael John Garcés--stars Ric Salinas with Cristina Frias, Luis "Xago" Juárez, Sarita Ocón, Juan C. Parada and Ricky Saenz. Placas is barrio slang for graffiti tags, a nickname, or body tattoos.
Placas is a stage drama about family, transformation and redemption that focuses on a Salvadoran former gang member in the barrio of San Francisco trying to reclaim his family while letting go of his past. Set in today's San Francisco, it explores the benefits and risks of tattoo removal for gang members thru one man's determination to reunite his family after surviving civil war in El Salvador, immigration, deportation, prison and street violence.
- San Jose Symphonic Choir Concert - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Christmas in the Park at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- The Great Dickens Christmas Fair at Cow Palace
- Walking with Dinosaurs at SAP Center
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Madeline's Christmas at Sunnyvale Community Center Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- TOSPS Tuesdays - Local Music Series at Theatre on San Pedro Square
- Navidad Para Todos - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph