40th Annual Electric Vehicle Rally and Show - National Plug In Day
Presented by Silicon Valley Chapter of the Electric Auto Association at De Anza College
September 23, 2012
Cupertino/Silicon Valley will take part in National Plug In Day (NPID). More than 60 cities from across the country will stage activities for the 2nd Annual Event. September 23 is National Plug In Day (NPID). Come celebrate NPID by attending the 40th Annual Silicon Valley Electric Vehicle (EV) Rally & Show, hosted by the Silicon Valley Chapter of the Electric Auto Association. This will be one of the largest gatherings of EV drivers and enthusiasts at one location in the Bay Area, with an unmatched variety of plug-in cars, motorcycles, scooters, and bikes highlighting the fun, clean-air benefits, and cost-savings of electric cars.
Talk to plug-in vehicle owners to get the "real story" about the benefits of plug-ins and solar energy. See and ride along in EVs: including new production models, classic models, and unique EVs that have been converted from gas to electric power. See new production plug-in vehicles on display from CODA, GM, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Tesla, Toyota, and Via Motors. Test-ride electric bikes, motorcycles, and scooters from a variety of vendors. Learn how to "fuel" your car at home and "on the go" with the latest EV charging equipment. Come see how to use the technology from EV battery and conversion vendors to convert gasoline powered-cars into EVs. Learn how to use the power of the sun to fuel your EV, and power your home. Visit with non-profit and government organizations to learn about how EVs keep the air healthy and clean. Enjoy food and drink while you explore the world of EVs.
Cupertino/Silicon Valley's event is one of more than 60 across the country where electric vehicle owners and interested citizens from Maui to New York will participate in electric car parades, "tailpipe-free" tailgate parties, awards to leaders promoting EV-readiness, launches of new public EV charging stations, and other events.
This event takes place in De Anza College Parking Lot A. For more event details, visit the Official Site. See row after row of plug-in cars, modern production cars along with classics. Watch the quiet acceleration of EVs; experience EV test rides with the owners; experience driving one of the dealer's EVs. There will be surprise speakers and special awards to be given during the event. Silicon Valley Chapter of the Electric Auto Association is organizing this Cupertino/Silicon Valley NPID event. Plug In America, the Sierra Club and the Electric Auto Association are national organizers of NPID.
- San Jose Symphonic Choir Concert - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Christmas in the Park at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- The Great Dickens Christmas Fair at Cow Palace
- Walking with Dinosaurs at SAP Center
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- Madeline's Christmas at Sunnyvale Community Center Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- TOSPS Tuesdays - Local Music Series at Theatre on San Pedro Square
- Navidad Para Todos - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph