MythBusters - The Explosive Exhibition
October 13, 2012 - January 6, 2013
Have you ever wondered why dropped toast always seem to land butter-side down? Do you get wetter if you walk or run through the rain? What if a plane tried taking off from a conveyor belt moving in the opposite direction? The inner schoolyard scientist in everyone can consider things like this all day long, but to separate appearance from reality, you must use the scientific method of observation, measurement, and testing.
Discovery Channel's Emmy-nominated series, MythBusters, comes to life to uncover truths behind popular myths by mixing scientific method with gleeful curiosity and old fashioned ingenuity. MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition creates hands-on, interactive experience for guests of all ages by combining popular scientific facts with innovative, family-friendly displays. MythBusters specializes in subjecting wild ideas to some wildly entertaining experiments. No strangers to illusions themselves, MythBusters Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman bring their expertise in special effects--along with co-hosts Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara and Kari Byron--to relentlessly bust or confirm myths through the scientific method.
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Shannon Curtis... Music and More - Concert and Discussion at Mountain View Public Library
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Halloween Family Fun Fest
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University