MythBusters - The Explosive Exhibition
October 13, 2012 - January 6, 2013
Have you ever wondered why dropped toast always seem to land butter-side down? Do you get wetter if you walk or run through the rain? What if a plane tried taking off from a conveyor belt moving in the opposite direction? The inner schoolyard scientist in everyone can consider things like this all day long, but to separate appearance from reality, you must use the scientific method of observation, measurement, and testing.
Discovery Channel's Emmy-nominated series, MythBusters, comes to life to uncover truths behind popular myths by mixing scientific method with gleeful curiosity and old fashioned ingenuity. MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition creates hands-on, interactive experience for guests of all ages by combining popular scientific facts with innovative, family-friendly displays. MythBusters specializes in subjecting wild ideas to some wildly entertaining experiments. No strangers to illusions themselves, MythBusters Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman bring their expertise in special effects--along with co-hosts Tory Belleci, Grant Imahara and Kari Byron--to relentlessly bust or confirm myths through the scientific method.
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Grand National Rodeo at Cow Palace
- Family Night at the Museum at Children's Discovery Museum