September 22 - September 23, 2012
Train Days returns to the Los Altos History Museum for two days of train-filled fun celebrating the joy and wonder of trains and model railroading. Elaborate train track layouts, intricate scenery and scaled renditions of engines and whimsical theme cars, complete with steam, lights and sound, will speed along rails to delight visitors of all ages. A station featuring train-themed activities for young children will be available throughout the two-day event. Explore the gauges and scales associated with model railroading as members of local clubs showcase extensive layouts and answer questions on their electric and steam-powered trains.
Trains are an integral part of America's history, and Southern Pacific put Los Altos on the map in 1907 with its steam railway connecting Palo Alto to Los Gatos. Mirroring railroad development through the years, see the transition from early steam locomotives, to diesel engines up through today's electric and high-speed passenger trains--all scaled in miniature. Whether you are new to model railroading or have been an enthusiast for years, you'll see why it is one of the fastest growing and most beloved hobbies around the world.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Wall of Sound - The Commons at St. James Park at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Family Night at the Museum at Children's Discovery Museum