September 22 - September 23, 2012
Train Days returns to the Los Altos History Museum for two days of train-filled fun celebrating the joy and wonder of trains and model railroading. Elaborate train track layouts, intricate scenery and scaled renditions of engines and whimsical theme cars, complete with steam, lights and sound, will speed along rails to delight visitors of all ages. A station featuring train-themed activities for young children will be available throughout the two-day event. Explore the gauges and scales associated with model railroading as members of local clubs showcase extensive layouts and answer questions on their electric and steam-powered trains.
Trains are an integral part of America's history, and Southern Pacific put Los Altos on the map in 1907 with its steam railway connecting Palo Alto to Los Gatos. Mirroring railroad development through the years, see the transition from early steam locomotives, to diesel engines up through today's electric and high-speed passenger trains--all scaled in miniature. Whether you are new to model railroading or have been an enthusiast for years, you'll see why it is one of the fastest growing and most beloved hobbies around the world.
- San Jose Symphonic Choir Concert - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Christmas in the Park at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- The Great Dickens Christmas Fair at Cow Palace
- Walking with Dinosaurs at SAP Center
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Madeline's Christmas at Sunnyvale Community Center Theatre
- TOSPS Tuesdays - Local Music Series at Theatre on San Pedro Square
- Elf - Cinemenlo Family Movie Night at Menlo-Atherton Performing Arts Center