Home In Five Parts - Performance Art Piece
April 30 - May 2, 2012
Home In Five Parts is a performance art piece by Ryan Tacata. Please enter the Memorial Auditorium Stage from green room for this performance. Five performers dance five sections of a home. A boy tiles himself through the city. An agoraphobic implement artist gives us Bette Davis at her worst. A love letter to Ginger Rogers is danced in the flooring section of Ikea. A woman exorcises dust mites from her room.
We began with a simple prompt: Dance a Mobile Home
We've used found text from craigslist, recycled building materials from San Francisco houses and secrets from our sordid pasts to build our performance. Audience members will see us dance our home, in five parts, in 45 minutes.
Prompt # 7: Carolyn, an elderly Japanese woman, hides in accountant's closet for eleven months.
Create a two minute soundscape in response to the image and prompt above. The soundscape should include five distinct sounds found in your home. Consider: ghost hunting, Victorian spiritualist seance and construction sites.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park
- Halloween Haunts at Steven's Creek Central
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Wall of Sound - The Commons at St. James Park at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Family Night at the Museum at Children's Discovery Museum
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square