Sewing Machine 101... Sewing for Sissys - Workshop
March 21, 2012
Have you always been terrified of using that sewing machine your grandmother gave you? Well, come conquer that fear in a safe and patient learning environment. You may find out that it's not as scary as you once thought! You will learn the basics of machine safety and set up, straight seams, back stitching, thread tension, winding a bobbin, and more.
You are encouraged to bring your own portable machine if you have one, but the studio does have a few machines you can use. No previous sewing knowledge is needed. You will complete a small drawstring bag in class.
- Miniature Worlds... Indian Court Paintings From the Collection - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- 17th Annual United Nations Association Film Festival at Aquarius Theatre
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Grand National Rodeo at Cow Palace
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival