Jewelry Making... Precious Metal Clay 101 - Workshop
March 29, 2012
In this intro to Precious Metal Clay class, you will work with 6.3 grams of silver clay form. You will create two pieces measuring approximately quarter and nickel size. Learn how to add beautiful design and texture to your custom silver piece, torch fire, and leave with two completed pieces in the same night! It is a fantastic intro to this amazing product.
Precious metal clay is reclaimed silver in the form of microscopic particles suspended in an organic binder. The clay is easy to work with, roll out, add texture to, and cut.
In this class, you will be using texture plates provided for you in class, as these are a tried and true way to learn the basics of texture making for your first pieces.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University