Skunk Girl - Sheba Karim, Silicon Valley Reads Youth Author Talk
March 22, 2012
Skunk Girl, a young adult novel about the trials and tribulations of a Pakistani-American girl growing up in upstate New York, has been selected as a Silicon Valley Read for 2012. Meet author Sheba Karim as she discusses her book and the experience of growing up Muslim in the United States.
2012 is the tenth year of the Silicon Valley Reads program, which is presented by the Santa Clara County Library, the Santa Clara County Office of Education, and the San Jose Public Library Foundation.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University