Historical Aerial Photos of Santa Clara - Multimedia Video Show
November 8, 2011
Join photographer-author Ben Hatfield as he discusses the history of the dramatic aerial photographs of the Santa Clara Valley taken by the Hatfield Aerial Survey Company from 1947-1980. His multimedia presentation focuses on photos from the Hatfield Archives taken directly above Santa Clara University, the town of Santa Clara, and areas annexed to Santa Clara after World War II. You will see where the old orchards, ranches, dairies, canneries and early subdivisions were located.
The Hatfields would be delighted if local historians and long time valley residents attend to help the family identify landmarks in these images.
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- Anh Sao Dem 2 - Vietnamese Music at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- The Xman Band - Jazz, Funk at Britannia Arms - Cupertino
- The Sound of Music at Montgomery Theater
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Peace and Social Justice Harvest Fair
- Silicon Valley Film Festival
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater