The Legacy of Isadora Duncan - A Dance Celebration of Her Life
October 24, 2011
Lois Flood, founder of Diablo Dance Theater, interprets the original choreography of the Isadora Duncan legacy. Learn how California-born Duncan became the first world-famous modern dancer, influencing art and fashion while becoming a symbol of women's emancipation.
The dance program, which includes a brief narrative on Duncan's life and accomplishments, is part of the Library's Celebration of the Centennial of Women's Suffrage in California.
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Anh Sao Dem 2 - Vietnamese Music at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Free Birds - Cinemenlo Family Movie Night at Menlo-Atherton Performing Arts Center
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Silicon Valley Film Festival
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- The Sound of Music at Montgomery Theater
- A Christmas Carol - San Jose Youth Shakespeare
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater