Pete Escovedo Orchestra - Music in the Park
August 25, 2011
This is the 17th performance of the legendary Latin Jazz musician and Bay Area native in Music in the Park, the most performances ever by any musician in the twenty-three years of the series..The Escovedo family’s musical roots extend far and wide. Pete is father to musician Sheila Escovedo, aka Sheila E., and Peter Michael Escovedo (Wayne Brady Show band leader) and brother to fellow recording artists Alejandro Escovedo, Coke Escovedo, Javier Escovedo, Bobby Escovedo and Mario Escovedo (The Dragons). Pete Escovedo now leads one of the top Latin Jazz orchestras found anywhere.
San Jose summers wouldn't be the same without Music in the Park, downtown's most anticipated concert series. Some of the world's biggest music stars have appeared on the stage at Plaza de Cesar Chavez over twenty-three years.
You are advised to bring a blanket or a lawn chair. No alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the Plaza de Cesar Chavez grounds. Guests are subject to search. No filming or audio recording of the artists during their performances is permitted. No barbecues, large coolers, cans or bottles are permitted. No pets are allowed (except for service animals). All metered parking adjacent to the park will be enforced. Smoking is not permitted in the park.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University