Pete Escovedo Orchestra - Music in the Park
August 25, 2011
This is the 17th performance of the legendary Latin Jazz musician and Bay Area native in Music in the Park, the most performances ever by any musician in the twenty-three years of the series..The Escovedo family’s musical roots extend far and wide. Pete is father to musician Sheila Escovedo, aka Sheila E., and Peter Michael Escovedo (Wayne Brady Show band leader) and brother to fellow recording artists Alejandro Escovedo, Coke Escovedo, Javier Escovedo, Bobby Escovedo and Mario Escovedo (The Dragons). Pete Escovedo now leads one of the top Latin Jazz orchestras found anywhere.
San Jose summers wouldn't be the same without Music in the Park, downtown's most anticipated concert series. Some of the world's biggest music stars have appeared on the stage at Plaza de Cesar Chavez over twenty-three years.
You are advised to bring a blanket or a lawn chair. No alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the Plaza de Cesar Chavez grounds. Guests are subject to search. No filming or audio recording of the artists during their performances is permitted. No barbecues, large coolers, cans or bottles are permitted. No pets are allowed (except for service animals). All metered parking adjacent to the park will be enforced. Smoking is not permitted in the park.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park
- Halloween Haunts at Steven's Creek Central
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Wall of Sound - The Commons at St. James Park at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Family Night at the Museum at Children's Discovery Museum
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square