Pete Escovedo Orchestra - Music in the Park
August 25, 2011
This is the 17th performance of the legendary Latin Jazz musician and Bay Area native in Music in the Park, the most performances ever by any musician in the twenty-three years of the series..The Escovedo family’s musical roots extend far and wide. Pete is father to musician Sheila Escovedo, aka Sheila E., and Peter Michael Escovedo (Wayne Brady Show band leader) and brother to fellow recording artists Alejandro Escovedo, Coke Escovedo, Javier Escovedo, Bobby Escovedo and Mario Escovedo (The Dragons). Pete Escovedo now leads one of the top Latin Jazz orchestras found anywhere.
San Jose summers wouldn't be the same without Music in the Park, downtown's most anticipated concert series. Some of the world's biggest music stars have appeared on the stage at Plaza de Cesar Chavez over twenty-three years.
You are advised to bring a blanket or a lawn chair. No alcoholic beverages may be brought onto the Plaza de Cesar Chavez grounds. Guests are subject to search. No filming or audio recording of the artists during their performances is permitted. No barbecues, large coolers, cans or bottles are permitted. No pets are allowed (except for service animals). All metered parking adjacent to the park will be enforced. Smoking is not permitted in the park.
- City of Palo Alto's 4th Annual Tree Lighting
- Holiday Traditions... La saison d' elegance (Season of Elegance) - Fundraising Events at Filoli
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Harvest Festival Original Art and Craft Show at San Jose Convention Center
- What's Your Angle? - Exhibition at San Jose Museum of Art
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios