Jewelry Making Workshop
July 19 - September 6, 2011
Session 1 (Jul 19): Metal Clay ($55) - an introduction to Metal Clay using PMC3 Silver Clay. In this workshop you will learn to roll and add texture to metal clay. You will torch fire your pieces and walk away with .999 (nearly pure) silver pieces to add to your future jewelry designs.
Session 2 (Jul 26): Metal Clay ($55) – Beyond the basics. Learn to create your own bails and hollow form beads and molded pendants. Take what you learned in the first session and ramp it up a bit. This time, you will work with Copper or Bronze clay.
Session 3 (Aug 2): Intro to Resin Jewelry ($40) – In this workshop, you will create texture metal pieces using art metal. The metal bits will go into bezels (rings, bracelets & pendants) and you will fill with a two part epoxy resin. In this workshop, you will use the de-gassing chamber to provide you with the most clear and glass-like finish for your resin jewelry. Students will also take some of the leftover resin and adhere images to glass tiles for future jewelry projects…(see session 4)
Session 4: (Aug 9) Soldering ($35) – In this class, learn the basics of using a soldering iron to create pendants and charms with glass slides and glass bubbles. You’ll also work with some glass tiles with resin adhered imagery from session 3. This workshop will help you become proficient at adding a silver solder frame and jumprings to your pieces.
Session 5 (Aug 16): Shrink Plastic Charms & Pieces ($35) - Learn to use simple shrink plastic to make amazing textured and dimensional charms and pieces for necklaces, earrings and bracelets. You won’t believe your pieces are plastic!
Session 6 (Aug 23): Vintage Spoon Pendants ($40) – In this workshop, you will learn how to flatten and bend vintage spoons into beautiful custom jewelry. Students will use their metal stamps to add an inspiring word to the bowl part of the spoon and turn the handle part into a decorative pendant, as well.
Session 7 (Aug 30): Vintage Button Bracelet ($48) – Continue with your vintage journey by making a bracelet full of vintage shank buttons.
Session 8 (Sep 6): “Junk Drawer” Jewelry ($50) – This workshop will feature old and new, mismatched bits and pieces of jewelry, buttons and notions…re-work them into a statement necklace. Take pieces you’ve made in previous sessions and mix them with beads, buttons and more. Learn some basic wire wrapping skills and walk away with a one-of-a-kind piece of art jewelry.
If taken a la carte, these classes will cost over $350. Sign up for all 8 sessions, and pay only $275. Your class fee covers all materials and instruction. If you wish to sign up for any individual class, call the studio and they will take your registration over the phone.
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Shannon Curtis... Music and More - Concert and Discussion at Mountain View Public Library
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Halloween Family Fun Fest
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University