Fused Glass Jewelry 201
March 9, 2011
You don't need any prior glass fusing experience to have fun in this class. You'll work on two different projects. First, you'll choose a finished fused cabochon (tranlation: beautiful glass bling-filled piece) and learn how to wire-wrap it; creating a bezel as you wrap to hang it using your own cord or a chain. This piece will go home with you on class night. Second, you'll learn to cut glass, use a glass grinder for shaping your pieces, and even create your own patterns using a glass etching acid.
You'll be able to create multiple pieces of jewelry that will be tack fused in a kiln creating beautiful multi-dimensional pieces for you to turn into earrings, pendants or pins.
You've all seen these beautiful pieces at craft shows, now is your chance to learn how it's done. Your pieces will make beautiful gifts (if you can part with them). Once your creations have been fused in the kiln, you'll be able to take them home and enjoy! John Giblin is the Instructor.
- Halloween Hoopla 2014
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Grand National Rodeo at Cow Palace
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Around the World, Bollywood-Style - An Epic Celebration for a Cause
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park