Fused Glass Jewelry 201
March 9, 2011
You don't need any prior glass fusing experience to have fun in this class. You'll work on two different projects. First, you'll choose a finished fused cabochon (tranlation: beautiful glass bling-filled piece) and learn how to wire-wrap it; creating a bezel as you wrap to hang it using your own cord or a chain. This piece will go home with you on class night. Second, you'll learn to cut glass, use a glass grinder for shaping your pieces, and even create your own patterns using a glass etching acid.
You'll be able to create multiple pieces of jewelry that will be tack fused in a kiln creating beautiful multi-dimensional pieces for you to turn into earrings, pendants or pins.
You've all seen these beautiful pieces at craft shows, now is your chance to learn how it's done. Your pieces will make beautiful gifts (if you can part with them). Once your creations have been fused in the kiln, you'll be able to take them home and enjoy! John Giblin is the Instructor.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- A Nightmare Before Christmas in the Park
- Dia De Los Muertos Ride and Drive Event - VivaFest at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Run with the Zombies - 5K Run at Kelley Park
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- The Salvation Army First Annual Harvest Festival
- Wall of Sound - The Commons at St. James Park at St. James Park - Downtown San Jose
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- therethere x SJ Grand Opening Party
- Family Night at the Museum at Children's Discovery Museum