Fused Glass Jewelry 201
March 9, 2011
You don't need any prior glass fusing experience to have fun in this class. You'll work on two different projects. First, you'll choose a finished fused cabochon (tranlation: beautiful glass bling-filled piece) and learn how to wire-wrap it; creating a bezel as you wrap to hang it using your own cord or a chain. This piece will go home with you on class night. Second, you'll learn to cut glass, use a glass grinder for shaping your pieces, and even create your own patterns using a glass etching acid.
You'll be able to create multiple pieces of jewelry that will be tack fused in a kiln creating beautiful multi-dimensional pieces for you to turn into earrings, pendants or pins.
You've all seen these beautiful pieces at craft shows, now is your chance to learn how it's done. Your pieces will make beautiful gifts (if you can part with them). Once your creations have been fused in the kiln, you'll be able to take them home and enjoy! John Giblin is the Instructor.
- City of Palo Alto's 4th Annual Tree Lighting
- Holiday Traditions... La saison d' elegance (Season of Elegance) - Fundraising Events at Filoli
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Harvest Festival Original Art and Craft Show at San Jose Convention Center
- What's Your Angle? - Exhibition at San Jose Museum of Art
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios