Author Talk and Booksigning with Michelle Richmond - Silicon Valley Reads
March 8, 2011
A walk on foggy Ocean Beach in San Francisco is the starting point for the page-turner novel selected for Silicon Valley Reads 2011. The Year of Fog, by Michelle Richmond, follows the journey of a young woman through the mysteries of memory and guilt after her fiance’s six-year-old daughter disappears while in her care.
“Ultimately, this is a story of perseverance and love,” said Jane Light, Library Director for the City of San Jose and Co-chair of Silicon Valley Reads along with Linda Aceves, Chief Academic Officer for the Santa Clara County Office of Education and Melinda Cervantes, Santa Clara County Librarian. “We believe the community will enjoy reading this beautifully-written book and discussing its themes. But be aware – once you start reading it, you won’t want to put it down.”
The Year of Fog was published in 2007 and has been translated into ten languages. It is being developed for the big screen by Newmarket Films.
2011 is the ninth year of the Silicon Valley Reads program, which is presented by the Santa Clara County Library, the Santa Clara County Office of Education, and the San Jose Public Library Foundation.
- Christmas in the Park at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- The Great Dickens Christmas Fair at Cow Palace
- Walking with Dinosaurs at SAP Center
- Downton Abbey Season 5 - Screenings at California Theatre
- Navidad Para Todos - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Madeline's Christmas at Sunnyvale Community Center Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- 11th Annual Holiday LEGO Show at Museum of American Heritage