Queen for a Day - Katherine England
January 23, 2011
Every woman's fantasy: to be Queen for a day! It's happening at A Work of Heart with art instructor Katherine England, creating mosaic crowns for every Queen! This class is designed to teach basic mosaic techniques such as design, nipping, placement, adhesives, grouts and so much more using a crown shaped substrate of MDF board. There will be a grouting demonstration with grout provided to finish each piece once the adhesive has dried. This is a great opportunity to learn skills in this playful and satisfying medium. Finished piece will be 14"x8".
The day will be filled with color, bling, patterning and almost child-like bright creativity as we develop a great wall piece -- a crown, of course. It will be limited only by the imagination. Tools, adhesives, beads, tiles, mirror, glass, etc. are provided. Note if attendees have special beads, brooch or jewelry to add as a center piece, please bring it along.
- Christmas in the Park at Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- The Great Dickens Christmas Fair at Cow Palace
- Walking with Dinosaurs at SAP Center
- Downton Abbey Season 5 - Screenings at California Theatre
- Navidad Para Todos - Season of Hope Performance Series at Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph
- Madeline's Christmas at Sunnyvale Community Center Theatre
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- The Nutcracker - Ballet San Jose at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Dancin' in the Row - sjDANCEco Dance Festival 2015 at Santana Row
- 11th Annual Holiday LEGO Show at Museum of American Heritage