Queen for a Day - Katherine England
January 23, 2011
Every woman's fantasy: to be Queen for a day! It's happening at A Work of Heart with art instructor Katherine England, creating mosaic crowns for every Queen! This class is designed to teach basic mosaic techniques such as design, nipping, placement, adhesives, grouts and so much more using a crown shaped substrate of MDF board. There will be a grouting demonstration with grout provided to finish each piece once the adhesive has dried. This is a great opportunity to learn skills in this playful and satisfying medium. Finished piece will be 14"x8".
The day will be filled with color, bling, patterning and almost child-like bright creativity as we develop a great wall piece -- a crown, of course. It will be limited only by the imagination. Tools, adhesives, beads, tiles, mirror, glass, etc. are provided. Note if attendees have special beads, brooch or jewelry to add as a center piece, please bring it along.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University