Queen for a Day - Katherine England
January 23, 2011
Every woman's fantasy: to be Queen for a day! It's happening at A Work of Heart with art instructor Katherine England, creating mosaic crowns for every Queen! This class is designed to teach basic mosaic techniques such as design, nipping, placement, adhesives, grouts and so much more using a crown shaped substrate of MDF board. There will be a grouting demonstration with grout provided to finish each piece once the adhesive has dried. This is a great opportunity to learn skills in this playful and satisfying medium. Finished piece will be 14"x8".
The day will be filled with color, bling, patterning and almost child-like bright creativity as we develop a great wall piece -- a crown, of course. It will be limited only by the imagination. Tools, adhesives, beads, tiles, mirror, glass, etc. are provided. Note if attendees have special beads, brooch or jewelry to add as a center piece, please bring it along.
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- City of Palo Alto's 4th Annual Tree Lighting
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Harvest Festival Original Art and Craft Show at San Jose Convention Center
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- What's Your Angle? - Exhibition at San Jose Museum of Art
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios