Climate Clock Discussion 2 - Final Fridays Event
February 25, 2011
The Climate Clock Global Initiative is a collaboration between Montalvo, SJSU, 1stACT, the City of San Jose Public Art program, and ZER01. The project brings together artists, scientists, and anthropologists in a unique effort to help people understand climate change. Three finalist teams are currently creating proposals to bring their ideas into development.
The Lucas Artists Residency Program will host the three teams as they collaborate with the greater scientific communities of the Silicon Valley in the final stages of the proposal process. During their residencies, Montalvo will host conversations, classes, and displays revealing each team's work and concepts.
As part of the Final Fridays program, the second Climate Clock artists team, led by Chico MacMurtrie with Bill Washabaugh, Geo Homsy, and Gideon Fink Shapiro, will discuss their project. A Q&A session follows.
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- Anh Sao Dem 2 - Vietnamese Music at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- The Xman Band - Jazz, Funk at Britannia Arms - Cupertino
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- The Sound of Music at Montgomery Theater
- Silicon Valley Film Festival
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble of San Francisco at San Pedro Square Market