Climate Clock Discussion 2 - Final Fridays Event
February 25, 2011
The Climate Clock Global Initiative is a collaboration between Montalvo, SJSU, 1stACT, the City of San Jose Public Art program, and ZER01. The project brings together artists, scientists, and anthropologists in a unique effort to help people understand climate change. Three finalist teams are currently creating proposals to bring their ideas into development.
The Lucas Artists Residency Program will host the three teams as they collaborate with the greater scientific communities of the Silicon Valley in the final stages of the proposal process. During their residencies, Montalvo will host conversations, classes, and displays revealing each team's work and concepts.
As part of the Final Fridays program, the second Climate Clock artists team, led by Chico MacMurtrie with Bill Washabaugh, Geo Homsy, and Gideon Fink Shapiro, will discuss their project. A Q&A session follows.
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Shannon Curtis... Music and More - Concert and Discussion at Mountain View Public Library
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Halloween Family Fun Fest
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University