Body Worlds... Vital - Exhibition
November 13, 2010 - April 24, 2011
Body Worlds...Vital, in its first-ever showing, celebrates the potential of the human body and the body in motion. Featuring authentic human bodies, the exhibition shows the body in health, distress and disease. These detailed anatomical studies, compositions, and representations allow visitors a penetrating gaze at what lies beneath the skin.
Physician and anatomist Gunther von Hagens' Body Worlds exhibitions are the original, precedent-setting public anatomical exhibitions of real human bodies, and the only anatomical exhibits that use donated bodies, willed by donors, for the express purpose of serving Body Worlds' mission to educate the public about health and anatomy. The bodies are preserved through a remarkable process called Plastination enabling visitors to learn what lies beneath the skin.
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Downtown San Jose Farmers' Market - Fridays at San Pedro Square
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University