Lake Tahoe's Hidden Stories - Book Talk
January 31, 2011
Foothill College English Professor Dr. Scott Lankford will present a pictorial slide show and give a talk about a book he wrote on Lake Tahoe. Published by Heyday Press, the title is Tahoe Beneath the Surface: The Hidden Stories of America's Largest Mountain Lake.
The book brings the history of Lake Tahoe to life through the stories of its most celebrated residents and visitors over the last 10,000 years. This includes such luminaries as Mark Twain, John Muir, John Steinbeck, Jacques Cousteau and Frank Sinatra. It depicts the characters and forces that have shaped one of our national treasures. Following audience questions, books will be available for purchase and signing.
This is a free program; please call to RSVP.
- Amy Dabalos and The Vibrant Things at San Pedro Square Market
- Mommy and Me Kid'sClub - 2nd Tuesdays at Santana Row
- Russell Peters at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts
- Shannon Curtis... Music and More - Concert and Discussion at Mountain View Public Library
- Kristi Yamaguchi and Brian Boitano's Golden Moment - Figure Skating Show at SAP Center
- Within and Without... Transformations in Chinese Landscapes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Halloween Family Fun Fest
- Singin' in the Rain at Lincoln Black Box Theatre
- Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend at SAP Center
- The New Landscape... Experiments in Light by Gyorgy Kepes - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University