Antique Autos in History Park
September 12, 2010
The Tenth Annual Antique Autos in History Park event is a nice way to stroll through yesteryear and reminisce about vehicles of an earlier era.
“Antique Autos in History Park is much more than an antique car show,” said Allan Greenberg, coordinator of the event. “It provides entertainment as well as an afternoon of education about antique autos, early-day gas engines, collectibles, crafts, blacksmithing, printing as well as visits to historic buildings.”
The free event, which is sponsored by the Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club and History San Jose, will present a collection of antique autos, fire equipment, bicycles and motorcycles of all makes from the late 1800’s until 1945.
J.P. & The Rhythm Chasers will provide music of the 1920’s and 30’s from 1pm to 3pm. As an added event, the Danse Libre dance group will perform dances from the 1920’s and ‘30’s.
Portraits of the Past members stroll through the 14-acre village in 1900's costumes. Other activities include movies shown in the Pacific Hotel and free trolley rides. Arts and crafts demonstrations from the early 1900’s will include beading, lace making, woodcarving, fly tying, watercolor painting, rug making and quilting.
On display will be antique collectibles, vintage California bottles, antique toys and vintage license plates, to name a few. This year, this event will feature several makes of steam automobiles with a demonstration of a Stanley Steamer. Food and beverages will be available from Peggy Sue’s Restaurant and O’Brien’s Café.
Other Ways to Connect with this Organization:
- Holiday Wine Stroll and Festival 2014 at Saratoga Village
- The Italian Girl in Algiers at California Theatre
- Children's Holiday Festival at History Park
- Revolutionaries Defy Ventures' Catherine Hoke in Conversation with Laura Sydell at Computer History Museum
- Escape the Mysterious Room San Jose
- Sympathy for the Devil... Satan, Sin, and the Underworld - Exhibition at Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Truce... A Christmas Wish from the Great War at City Lights Theater
- Orientation - CreaTV Class at CreaTV Studios
- What's Your Angle? - Exhibition at San Jose Museum of Art
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze at San Jose Center for the Performing Arts